AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Running 2 sprayers in the same field
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/15/2017 07:15 (#6187609 - in reply to #6186685)
Subject: RE: Running 2 sprayers in the same field

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Ag Leader InCommand 1200s can be unlocked for a feature called Display Cast that allows this. To use this feature, the displays must have the unlock and the operation must purchase a yearly subscription. The communication takes place via the Internet, with each unit's position and other information being uploaded to a special website. This information is then downloaded to the other units participating.

The concept can be used in a variety of ways. Multiple sprayers or planters in the same field would be able to "see" what the other units have done and are doing. The operator can see his own coverage map as usual and also much of the information from the other units. This allows auto swath and the sharing of AB lines for guidance. A manager can also observe the operation from other devices that have access to the site. Other observers such as Agronomist etc. can be given permission to view the operation and summaries as well.

I was at Ag Leader's 25 year event a couple of weeks ago and observed a demonstration where projectors were used to allow us to see what each operator would see. One demo involved a combine and a grain cart operating together. As part of the demonstration another combine was brought in. This allowed us to see how this would all work together.

Although I have not personally used Display Cast, several others were present who have used it this year. I got the impression from them that in general it worked fine.

Locally a manure hauling company tested the concept with multiple tractors and manure rigs operating together on the same job. Besides each rig "knowing" where the other rigs are and what they've done, the summaries were all available at one place to aid with the bookkeeping and billing process.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)