AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would I need for yield mapping on 9670 combine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/15/2017 14:27 (#6188448 - in reply to #6187944)
Subject: RE: What would I need for yield mapping on 9670 combine?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
In the early years, the moisture sensor was in the fill auger. You cut part of the flighting out and cut a hole in the tube. The grain was forced past the sensor fin.

Later Ag Leader came out with their side mount elevator moisture sensor. This required cutting some holes in the clean grain elevator and drilling some holes for a sub plate to mount the housing on. Somewhat later Deere came with their own side mount moisture assembly. Combines of that era had the holes for the Deere sensor which of course, was not the same pattern as the Ag Leader sensor. Then Ag Leader made an elevator mount that did use the Deere holes so no cutting was necessary. Then Deere went with their moisture sensor in the grain tank such as my 9770 had from the factory so no punched holes on the side again and cutting was required. So the pattern of having to cut holes, not cut holes and then cut holes again has gone back and forth.

So with my combine as an example, I think the original poster would need to cut the holes on his 9670. This is not a real big deal. Ag Leader makes a patch plate that can be installed over the holes if the unit is removed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)