AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would I need for yield mapping on 9670 combine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/15/2017 07:33 (#6187639 - in reply to #6186027)
Subject: RE: What would I need for yield mapping on 9670 combine?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
caseihfarmer - 8/14/2017 11:05

i can understand you wanting to use the stock sensors because they are there, especially since you would have to purchase the sensors.

here is my opinion. you will likely have far more dollars in purchasing the deere monitor and gps then you will buying used agleader sensors. i prefer the agleader monitor (any of them) over a deere display for user friendlyness and features, so i am biased on my opinion. as far as taking off the deere sensors and setting them on the shelf, it is a very easy task and if you go to get rid of the combine then you just switch them back very easily and move the agleader sensors to the new combine. you will also need a terminator plug for your deere system to keep the sensors functioning properly after you remove the oem sensors.

I have used Ag Leader Yield Monitors literally from their beginning. I have had the YM2000, PF3000, Insight, Integra and now InCommand 1200s. Beginning with the Insight, Ag Leader has used the CAN approach meaning that the computation is no longer done all in the display but is spread around the machine. This allows the display to be used in a variety of machines and situations.

My current combine is a 9770, it replaced a 9650STS in which I had the Ag Leader modules/sensors. These components were in a 9500 prior to that. I was able to move the modules and wiring to the newer combine. The 9770 had a Deere system on it. I was able to remove the troublesome Deere moisture sensor and sell it through the Classifieds here. By the way the S series Deere combines now use the Ag Leader moisture arrangement. I also removed the Deere Mass flow sensor.

Installing the Ag Leader components was not very difficult. I did have to cut some special holes in the clean grain elevator to mount the moisture sensor housing and moisture sensor. My old cables didn't have the correct ends to tee into the Deere elevator speed sensor etc. but they were easily modified.

I used the 9770 with an Insight display for the last two years. This year I have participated in the Ag Leader trade-up program and will now be using an InCommand 1200 in the combine. I did need an adapter cable for the display but otherwise the new display plugged right in.

My InCommands are usually in tractors where they are used for steering, planting and application situations. One of the InCommands is moved to the combine for harvest. In the combine it will be getting GPS from an old Raven Phoenix GPS using WAAS. I do not have auto steer on the combine although this would be possible.

I have been happy with the Ag Leader yield monitoring system. Since you already have the Integra display and a GPS, I would suggest looking into picking up used Ag Leader modules for yield monitoring. If you happen to do this and remove the Deere system, an address needs to be changed so that the combine electronics won't complain about not being able to find the moisture sensor. I have those directions if you should need them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)