AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would I need for yield mapping on 9670 combine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Mattchu60
Posted 8/14/2017 11:49 (#6185994)
Subject: What would I need for yield mapping on 9670 combine?

NC IA
We have a John Deere 9670 combine (2011 model) which I would like to put yield mapping on. Currently it does not have any autosteer type components. I do have an Ag Leader geosteer globe along with integra monitor for the planting tractor which I could switch over, however the folks at Ag Leader said their stuff won't talk to the John Deere combine sensors, so those sensors would need to be removed and replaced with Ag Leader stuff.

I got to thinking that maybe I would be better off just going with some John Deere compatible system for the yield mapping which would talk to all the stock parts. Mostly I would hate to rip out the stock sensors as if we sell this combine in the future I think it would be nice to have that all still working.

Is there a cost-effective system we can plug into the combine? It is auto-steer ready, although I have no idea if that helps or not for this situation. Sometime simple is best. I don't need autosteer for the combine, but if its something that is available as well along with the mapping I wouldn't mind it.

Thanks for any input.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)