AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Outdoors Wireless farm network ....Ayrstone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

TacoTuesday
Posted 8/13/2017 08:44 (#6183741 - in reply to #6180050)
Subject: RE: Outdoors Wireless farm network ....Ayrstone

I think its been almost two years now with my Ayrmesh system. Basically i just bought the omnidirectional antenna with a receiver in for the shop. Yes, i know they are just rebadged pico/nanostations with some front end web based software but seems that setting the Ubiquity products up were pretty hit or miss according to reviews. This was literally plug, log in, and play. We tossed our in home router away. Much less wifi problems in the house than we had with routers. I didn't need the receiver for the shop most days but i plugged it in because i had it, i have a tv setup with an android box that's hooked up to a stereo system. Once in a while we'll stream tv but mostly its for radio. I just couldn't get any clear reception. Now i use tunein radio, spotify, iheartradio, etc..... I have one wifi camera that i've moved around from the dryer to calving shed to weaning barn. Works awesome. Am planning on adding more at some time. With a clear line of sight, i get half to 3/4 mile of usable coverage. I've gotten intermittant coverage up to three miles before. That's the frustrating thing, My phone will lock on when its not a good signal so i shut wifi off, then forget to turn it on when i'm back in the yard.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)