AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Challenger MT with Trimble Autopilot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/11/2017 07:30 (#6180205 - in reply to #6179972)
Subject: RE: Challenger MT with Trimble Autopilot

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
9520Deere - 8/10/2017 22:52

Have a Challenger MT865C that is set up with Trimble Autopilot acording to the window sticker and the Trimble wire harness by the fuse panel. Have a FM750 monitor and antenna that came with the tractor. How is it supposed to plug into the tractor? Do I need a Nav2 controller? Will a Aggps 332 work with a 750 instead of a Nav2?

The 750 contains a GPS receiver and display. It gets its GPS signal from the antenna. The 750 can work with steering but a Nav (another box) is required. Since the 750 and the Nav are both Trimble products they work together to do the steering. The 750 can do lots of things but it cannot do steering without a Nav. The nav is a "silver box" without a display and must have some type of display to work with.

An AgGPS 332 is also a GPS receiver and has a small display of its own. It gets its GPS signal from an antenna. It cannot do much by itself. It could be the GPS source for some type of display but would still need a Nav II to do steering.

I had two 332's where they were connected to older Ag Leader Insights with the steering unlock. Each Insight was connected to a Nav II for steering the tractor. I have recently traded them in on Ag Leaders trade-up program.

So do you need a Nav II ? Yes unless you dump the 750 and go with some other brand of steering such as an Ag Leader display and their steering box.

Will a 332 work with a 750 instead of a Nav II? No, the 332 would duplicate the GPS portion of the system and would not replace the need for the Nav II.

My guess is that your tractor may have had a Nav II in it at one time which was removed.

Edited by tedbear 8/11/2017 07:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)