AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does anyone make an aftermarket auto-steer system capable of engaging at 0 mph?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

co2shaun
Posted 8/10/2017 17:07 (#6179042 - in reply to #6178928)
Subject: RE: Does anyone make an aftermarket auto-steer system capable of engaging at 0 mph?

NW KS
I ran it this spring on the tractor pulling the planter. I was very pleased with the performance. In my opinion, you will get nearly the same results as if the machine had the steering valve. Other than the motor mounted on the steering column and the wheel turning I doubt that most people would be able to tell the difference between a machine ran with a valve and one ran with the steering motor. The autopilot motor drive comes right back on line after turning around just like an integrated system. Right now the selection of vehicle profiles for the autopilot motor drive is somewhat limited. Your exact tractor may not be listed but if you can use a different model that is listed as long as it has a similar wheel base. I would guess that with the next nav updates move auto pilot motor drive profiles will be released through. Moving the system between different equipment could be somewhat of a problem though. The only way to remove the steering motor is to take out the six bolts that hold the motor to the adapter hub or use a steering wheel puller to remove the adapter hub and motor. It could be done but most likely you would need a platform kit for each piece of equipment that you wanted to use the motor drive on. The platform kits run around 500-600 each.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)