AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grieving Today, Venting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

stevr13
Posted 8/9/2017 14:32 (#6176543 - in reply to #6173051)
Subject: RE: Grieving Today, Venting

Northeast Iowa
I keep coming back to this post:

I still don't have answers. I don't know what kind of procedure there is for entering a near empty bin. A poster down below told a story of his brother sweeping out a bin when a wall came down on him. I don't know how a safety harness helps when grain comes from above. I know soybeans are a different animal in the bin, they can slope much steeper along the wall. I see a lot of posts on the news articles where people assume all sorts of negligence was involved, and assume he was reckless.

TomCat, do you farm? Going into grainbins is part of the job; We don't know why he entered the bin yet: maybe just to inspect the side walls to see what kind of equipment they needed to round up to clean it out safely. Maybe he went to knock down the steeper walls himself. Maybe the sump was plugged, so he went to unplug it. The victim wasn't on the low end of employment here; he was the go-to-guy, plant manager, and most valuable employee to his company.

Your comment goes unappreciated, and implies a lot of falsehoods about the victim who can not defend himself. Next time a tragedy strikes and someone else is sad, don't go out of your way to make it seem like "they had it coming"

The investigation will be ongoing, and hopefully have my questions answered. For now, still sad but moving on with life after a couple days of grieving.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)