AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader 25 years event
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Farmboy84
Posted 8/7/2017 00:15 (#6171846 - in reply to #6169120)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader 25 years event

Well I'm a little confused as to them programing a "2 load cal" to be easier. Last week i ran across this in their latest "Harvest" manual online and they talk about ver 2.5.
I then looked at the current version offered for download and was still 2.2. so I called and talked to tech support. I asked why there was a manual referring to ver 2.5 when it wasn't offered yet. He said they planned on an earlier release date but had to postpone because of bugs to further work out. So I asked him to explain a few things that I read to him from the manual.

One of thing that struck my as odd (if they want this process simpler) is that in the manual it states:

Calibration Load Flow Range
Follow suggestions based on how many calibration loads will be completed.
• 1st calibration load – Harvest at normal full flow operating range for combine.
• 2nd calibration load – Harvest at 50% normal operation range for combine
• Additional calibration loads –Harvest at Incremental speed/flow range changes excluding 1st and 2nd calibration
load ranges

And Further down it states:

Certified Scale Guidelines
1. Calibration load size: 1 full combine grain tank.
2. Always start calibration loads with an empty combine and transport device.
3. Calibration loads must be transported and tracked separately from other harvested grain.
4. Avoid starting a calibration load opening a field or when switching between varieties.

So I asked the him if this was correct: 1 full hopper at full flow and 1 at 50%? and he said "yes, or the low flow you see in the field". I told him, "As it is I hate it driving 1 mph on the low flow for just 3,000-4,000#! I can't imagine myself or anyone else driving that slow and filling a entire hopper"!

Another thing that bothers me about this: After all these years of touting their way (4-8 loads, multiple, consistant flow rates, non-linear scale) why would he say "they're doing this to "compete" with the other companies"?

And how did they come up with this algorithm that all of a sudden surpasses the old way? wouldn't varying flow rate defeat the purpose?

I know its early, but more questions then answers at this point IMO.

I will say though that i really like the new Incommands more then i thought I would. We traded in Integras for 1200s and when I've been spraying this summer it's so nice to bring up planting, or fertilizing, or other spraying maps to see in the backround for looking at certain things or just in general. Also what tops it off is when you load a reference of these maps you also have the option to enable them for swath control on your current event which has come in handy multiple time already! The one thing the is really missing is that flags and markers cant be transferred through Displaycast from one display to another, one in many cases is the main point!

Also with the new displays they FINALLY have the option to change the import Rx on a % scale and also you can set your bottom and top caps. Plus it tells you the original total Product and average of the Rx as well as the newly modified info if you change it. I know JD has done this for some time and I've put this feature request in for many years now! glad to this become a reality.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)