AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader PF 3000 to Versa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/5/2017 15:04 (#6169127 - in reply to #6168952)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader PF 3000 to Versa

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Concerning the GPS, you could decide to move it to the combine if you are not going to need it in its present location during harvest. The GPS connection is the same between the two models. The Versa can handle faster output so if that GPS is set to put out the signal at a rate faster than 4800 BAUD, this may overwhelm the PF3000. It won't hurt it but it can be a case of "too much information" which may cause the PF3000 to be sluggish.

Depending on the GPS, it might be easy to change the output or it may be more difficult. This depends on the GPS involved. Some of the basic GPS systems required a desktop or laptop running a special program and cable to do this. I had a Garmin for a PF3000 that required this. Once I got the cable built and fought through what the settings meant, it was quite easy. Other GPS systems can be configured via the Versa which would be quite easy.

If you have one of those you could use the Versa to "slow it down" before moving it to the PF3000. When you brought it back to the Versa, it could be "rev'd back up" for the Versa.

The power situation is the same for both displays, if your current GPS gets its power/ground through the 9 pin connector or if it gets its power separately and only uses the 9 pin for GPS there is no problem and the PF3000 can be setup the same way.

If you plan on moving the GPS, you might want to do what I did when I moved one back and forth between a combine and a SP sprayer. My GPS was a Raven Phoenix 200. I bought a second GPS/power cable and left one in each rig. This made it very easy to move since I just needed to unplug it on the cab and pull it off the magnetic base and reinstall it on the other rig.

Better yet would be to get another GPS which simply stays on the combine all year along.

Edited by tedbear 8/6/2017 07:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)