AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fieldview Drive GS3 2630 Documentation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

rollig
Posted 8/3/2017 10:01 (#6165126 - in reply to #6164714)
Subject: RE: Fieldview Drive GS3 2630 Documentation

SCMN

What I mean by entering a fixed rate is this...

Say I am applying NH3 and using my Raven SCS to control my rate.  The Raven is in no way tied to the Greenstar system. I also have a 2630 in the tractor to steer it.  Since I have the 2630 in there I might as well document what I'm doing.  So I create an application task called NH3 and tell it I'm putting down 170 lbs of N as a fixed rate.  The Greenstar system has nothing to do with controlling the rate nor does it know what the actual rate is.  I'm just telling it that I'm putting down NH3 and any time the documentation is triggered(I have a relay wired into the Raven master switch to trigger) it maps 170 lbs of N.  If I wanted to do a test strip of 150 lbs I would manually change the rate on the Raven and also manually change the documentation rate in my 2630 to match.  Then I could find that strip later in APEX if I want to see the results.  Let's say I get the Fieldview Drive and hook it into the ISO through the diagnostics port of my tractor.  Will it be able to read that I'm putting down 170 lbs of N based on "documentation only" and not rate control from the Greenstar system?  Will it change to 150 lbs when I change it in the 2630?  

Edited by rollig 8/3/2017 10:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)