AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auxiliary Input Module or Switchbox failing (ag leader)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/1/2017 13:15 (#6161551 - in reply to #6161191)
Subject: RE: Auxiliary Input Module or Switchbox failing (ag leader)

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
First off, I assume that you are using a genuine Ag Leader switchbox or is it a homemade equivalent? The reason I ask is that if it is a homemade equivalent there is a bit of trickery involved to get the switches to react the way that you expect.

It seems a bit of a coincidence that when you reassigned the switches that switch 6 failed which would seem to be the same section as section 2 in the original setup.

There is a screen you can check that may help. Anytime there is a problem that "sometimes" works and sometimes doesn't, it can be frustrating.

First a bit of background. The Ag Leader Auxiliary Input module does a check called "switch presence" every so often. It does this to determine which switches are physically present in the current switchbox and only watches for those switches until the routine in software is run again. This is done on initial startup and then every 15 seconds later. The switches in the Ag Leader switchbox are a double throw type. When they are UP, the switch is connected to 12V and sends this out. When the switch is DOWN, the switch is connected to a special pin called Switch Detect. Most of the time, the Switch Detect pin is ground but it goes to 12V for a brief period right before the switch detect routine is run.

This means that while the Switch Presence Routine is being run, a switch will put out 12V whether it is UP or DOWN. This system uses this information to decide which switches to watch for.

Each display (Insight, Integra, InCommand etc.) has a diagnostic screen to observe the switch status for troubleshooting. This screen will have boxes that change colors to indicate the status of the various possible switches. The system could use switches named F and E. There are several altogether.

The color of the box on the screen will tell you 1) if a switch is present and is currently ON (UP) 2) if a switch is present and is currently OFF (DOWN) or 3 that there is no switch present.

If you are using an Ag Leader switchbox, the diagnostic screen should show that switches F1-F11 are always present and either ON or OFF. As you move the switch the color should change. It should not show that any other switches are present. I would perform various combinations of switches. I would leave all the switches OFF and turn #2 ON, it should indicate that by the color. I would then turn it OFF and the color should change. I would leave it OFF for about 20 seconds and watch the color. If it changes to no switch present then we are getting closer to the problem.

If you notice that any of the switches F1-F11 seem to be missing this might help your situation. This may be difficult to diagnose.

The easiest would be to try to borrow either another switchbox or another module to try to determine the problem. Sometimes the connectors need to be remated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)