AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deutsch connector equivalents
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Fingers77
Posted 8/1/2017 20:54 (#6162247 - in reply to #6160845)
Subject: RE: Deutsch connector equivalents

I have been getting the Amphenol ones from Waytek for years, they are fully interchangeable with Deutsch. They only used to offer DT and DTP now they have DTM and one other type as well.

Maybe they are switching vendors to Molex for more offerings? It 'says' they're compatible, but does NOT specifically say they are Deutsch compatible as the Amphenol ones they sell DO.

Those Molex ones don't readily show up on their web site catalog, the Amphenol ones still do.

As for sets, I purchased my DTM set from Batts Racing (Deutschconnector.com) because it was a good set for he money at the time. I believe for my other sets I purchased the Amphenol ones from Waytek from the start and just built my own kits. I just bought a tackle box looking case for each of my DT and DTP kits. For my crimp machined DTP pins and females, I got a set off eBay I think that included a pair of the GOOD Deutsch crimpers for less than I could source just the crimper or terminals elsewhere. I know for my plug covers and brown and green 12 terminal connectors, I sourced elsewhere. Mouser or Allied or maybe even DigiKey. I can't remember.

Also Amazon and EBay are good places to look once you know what you want.

Also I wouldn't recommend the sets with the DT and DTM crimpers plus the 3 release tools. They are less versatile than the good Deutsch tool. Wire sizes are not able to be adjusted for with them the way the Deutsch tool is. I also never (or rarely) need to release a wire from the back of the connector. I take them apart from the front. For me it's easier than rooting around blindly from the back of the connector.

I would get the flat tool that Waytek sells for relasing the terminals. It's cheap and works well. I have several. The hook is also handy for pulling out the terminal lock inside the shrouds.

I wouldn't waste my time with the stamped ends (Waytek sells both, the stamped ones ARE Less expensive) get the proper tool and spend for the machined pins and females. I had trouble with wires breaking at the crimp and also pulling out of the terminals. Deutsch are harder to disconnect than Weather Pack, so with my big fat hands I pull too much on the wires.

Edited by Fingers77 8/1/2017 20:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)