AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RAGBRAI came to town
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 7/26/2017 12:44 (#6150013 - in reply to #6149985)
Subject: RE: RAGBRAI came to town

n.c.iowa
No doubt there are negatives, have heard that they were messy, rude, inconsiderate bunch.

Never heard a cross word, was thanked aleast a thousand times( literally)for setting up for them, and when they left, couldn't hardly tell they were there......I got nothing bad to say, and they dropped some pretty serious coin in our small town, money is going to be used for community improvement projects, and the fire dept.

Kinda funny though you mention the road situation, neighbor called the day before, told me he seen a street sweeper running down the blacktop between Algona and Wesley, something we only see when ragbrai comes around.

He was kinda bitching alittle bit, he lives on a blacktop south of me and they are fixing a bridge so the road is closed, so the detour reroutes around on nearby blacktop roads, but there is a gravel road detour that's quicker.

There is quite abit of heavy truck traffic down that road and it is washboard all to heck, he calls the supervisor to see if when the sweeper guy gets done sweeping the blacktop for cyclists, there be enough time to at the very least come out and knock some of the washboard down.

We will see what we can do was the answer.

Edited by johnny skeptical 7/26/2017 12:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)