AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about IP configuration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Cat33
Posted 7/23/2017 07:31 (#6143495)
Subject: Question about IP configuration

NE SD
About every 1-2 months I get a message saying "Wi-Fi doesn't have valid IP configuration". Resolving it isn't the issue, as I am halfway computer literate, although the emphasis is on halfway lol. Anyways, I go in the command prompt do the winsock reset and the IP reset and restart and everything works fine again.

Now my question is, why does it keep doing this? I have another laptop running 7 and I don't have any problems with IP config, so I would assume that rules out a router/modem type issue. I'm thinking it's just a Windows 10 thing, but what could be the issue that is causing it?

The laptop with the IP issue doesn't get turned on more than once, maybe twice per week as it's the bookwork machine, and really only gets used for that, online bill paying and checking banking information.

Could the inactivity be a cause? I don't know what it would, but other than it being a bug in 10 it's the only thing I can think of.

Not a terribly big deal, but it is getting annoying and I couldn't find anything about my specific issue (happening over and over) when I did a quick Google search.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)