AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2 options, steel or aluminum cattle trailer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Wisconsindairy
Posted 7/22/2017 23:57 (#6143294)
Subject: 2 options, steel or aluminum cattle trailer

Freedom, WI
Recently I have been looking for a cattle trailer, I am sick of borrowing/renting neighbors and friends to haul animals around. Been looking around for a used steel one, and it is tough to find one that isn't wore out completely. I'm just not sure that there are any good used trailers out there that aren't overpriced for what they are, and the decent ones at a decent price sell FAST! Which got me looking into new, the cheaper end of the spectrum is about $4700 and I can get a Corn Pro from a guy around here for $5600. My plan would be to bedline some of the inside to try to keep rust from starting, and also put it on a lift and bedline the underside to get it to last longer. One that came up is a 14 foot H&S with the aluminum frame (the others were 16 foot steel) and their poly board I guess you could call it, which is really easy to clean. We use it to go back and forth to two shows year with our animals and then I usually want to end up dragging a trailer to most of the sales I go to (which was about 6 last year, and I brought animals home from 3 of them). Are any of these prices of new actually justifiable for the amount of use I have planned for it? And should this even be a question of steel vs aluminum if the used aluminum in great shape is the same price as a good new steel one? I have pulled an H&S that is identical to the one I am looking at with my truck before and it pulls like a dream.

Edited by Wisconsindairy 7/22/2017 23:57

(IMG_20170421_182809955_HDR.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_20170421_182809955_HDR.jpg (267KB - 66 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)