AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving square Balage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Wundrow Farms
Posted 7/22/2017 23:38 (#6143282)
Subject: Moving square Balage

Boone County, Northern Illinois
Small Dairyman here so bear with me. We milk in an old 25 stanchion stall barn, with 40 inch front alley plus 2 inch deep by 28 inch wide manger in front of the stalls. The cows do NOT face each other.
I am looking at ways of getting 3'x3'x5' square balage up front to feed to limit the amount of small squares we have to make. We also have two silos that feed into a small silo room, we use either wheel barrow or CSF Electric feed silage cart to distribute silage up front. That electric feedcart is 5' long and 32 inch wide and makes the turns and alleys just fine..
so.. I am Pondering the thought of taking another old electric feed cart, cutting it down to make a flat bed on it. Set the bale on that and drive it up front. We put down hay flakes down for when the girls come in and the feed grain while milking and silage after during the late fall, winter and early spring. The way the barn, milkhouse, silos, cow yard, and barn ramp limit putting on a feed room to process the big squares.. or had a tmr ...I would go a different route. A TMR mixer just wouldn't fit into our layout. We like the flexibility to do the majority of feeding the milking group in the barn because of our winters.

I would like your thoughts, ideas, criticisms or better yet photos of something you use that is similar!!!!
Thank you in Advance!!!

These are the only photos I could find of the alleys and corner. Just to give an idea.

Edited by Wundrow Farms 7/22/2017 23:44

(IMG_2805.JPG)

(IMG_2807.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2805.JPG (93KB - 63 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2807.JPG (89KB - 54 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)