AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Automatic shutoffs/lift on a drill simply?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/20/2017 07:23 (#6137562 - in reply to #6137344)
Subject: RE: Automatic shutoffs/lift on a drill simply?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
When I worked as a tech I made something along this line for a customer per his request. He had a three gang drill that used electric solenoids to raise the drills. It had three switches so he could raise each section independently for what would be called point rows in row crops. This sounds very similar to your situation.

This farmer used Ag Leader products and had a Clutch Control Module which he used with his row crop planter to control the row clutches. I was able to make an adapter harness so that he could use this Clutch Control Module to raise/lower the drills automatically. As I recall my adapter harness used a relay for each section. I believe these must have been a double pole type so the hydraulic solenoids were cycled UP/DOWN correctly. The clutch module completes the circuit when planting is to be STOPPED so that signal needs to go to the UP solenoid. I don't remember the details as this was several years ago.

The farmer was from a fair distance away so I don't know how well this actually worked out. It was his idea not mine. Projects like this have a better chance of being regarded as successful when the farmer originally comes up with the idea.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)