AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Not here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Hayinhere
Posted 7/19/2017 19:15 (#6136678)
Subject: Not here

Central NE

Central and South Central Ne has recieved so much rain that today the public power district went code green.

For those that don't know what this means,  you can purchase electricity based on six different rates.  The most expensive is for power available 24-7.  The cheapest is if you agree to let your power be cut off during periods of high demand for no more than 12 hours/day up to 6 days/week.
Rarely does power get controlled unless the temperature is over 85 and everybody is wanting to irrigate at the same time.   The past two weeks have been the most controlled I've seen in a long time with power shut off even the last two Sunday afternoons.  Unless you read the fine print, most people didn't know they could shut it off on sunday.   Anyway....

Today it is 96 degees right now,  air conditioners are running full blast,  factories are going, and there is NO Control because nobody needs to irrigate.  My farms are spread over 110 miles and everything has received 1.10 to 3+ inches and my neighbors are reporting 3-5 inches.

This corn needs the heat, sun and has received good moisture to make the most of it.   This is an area with majority corn production.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)