AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best water filter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 7/20/2017 17:20 (#6138579 - in reply to #6136599)
Subject: RE: Best water filter

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Sounds like you need a whole house filter system to filter all the water that enters your house. If you buy one that takes the standard 2-1/2 X 10 filter cartridges, please get your cartridges from Ecopure. Runnings is a good store for Ecopure supplies.

We have run Culligan whole house filters for many years, but lately(last year), found that they would not filter correctly allowing sand and dirt through our system that no way should pass through a 5 micron filter. After trying several Culligan and generic store brand 2-1/2 X 10 filters, we had dirt in the water where it should not be, and the water flow never slowed as it should as the filter became clogged. I even replaced the filter housing assy , suspecting it had an internal leak that was allowing unfiltered dirty water to pass.

Replacing the filter housing did nothing to improve the problem. One thing I noticed was that unlike the old filters of years ago, where you could feel a little resistance from filter crush as you seated the filter housing, the new filters did not seem to be long enough to provide this crush seal. All this changed when I bought Ecopure filter cartridges, they are about 1/16-1/8 inch longer than a Culligan or generic store brand filter. You can feel them crush a bit when tightening the housing and seal as they should. At 3 months or so our water flow slows enough to tell us it's time to change filter. Helps keep sand and dirt out of the water heater and water softner.

For drinking / cooking water, we have an Ecopure under sink RO water filter system. I notice that now that we have our whole house filter leak problem fixed, our water is cleaner so the RO system primary filter lasts 3X longer. The RO primary filter cost $20 while the Ecopure whole house cartridge cost $2, so quite a saving on RO filters.

https://ecopure.com/products/filtration/

Edited by Jon Hagen 7/20/2017 17:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)