AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting the most out of Mapshots
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

scfrmr
Posted 7/19/2017 16:37 (#6136374)
Subject: Getting the most out of Mapshots

I have utilized Mapshots for our soil sampling and VRI fertility programs the last few years but want to get more out of the program. What I'd like to do is to begin "input accounting" next year where I can see basically what products are applied to each farm/field/crop/grower and in what quantities. Basically, I'd like the option to do more quantitative analysis on our farm. We run all John Deere newer model equipment and I'm trying to connect our apex to MyJohnDeere and then MyJohnDeere to Mapshots. So my question is, do any of you have your MyJohnDeere connected to Mapshots and if so, what are your capabilities using it this way?

Also, how do you get the most out of using Mapshots on your farm? Do you do any of the "input accounting" that I describe above? I just feel like there's a lot more to the program than soil sampling and I'd like to maximize the value I get out of the program. Is there a way to use Mapshots for actual financial accounting purposes too? (I see Farm Works mentioned for this often but I'm confused as to whether they offer the same capabilities as Mapshots and vice versa...)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)