AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cowboy question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

blacksand
Posted 7/17/2017 06:43 (#6130881 - in reply to #6130870)
Subject: RE: Cowboy question

South Dakota
One last addition as I think about this. With cattle, one of our jobs is to be an animal trainer, we want them to learn to do exactly what we need them to do. We have to use animal psychology rather than forcing them to do things, anytime we fight or force an animal to do something, it has potential second and third order effects. If you rope this bull and try to force him on the trailer, it will be a bad experience for him. I bet money that it won't play out like you envision; it will look nothing like a 4-h show steer politely walking through the ring, it'll be more like the cowboy that is being drug cause he can't get his rope loose on the bull. That bull will remember that experience and will be a headache to load in a trailer from then on. If that bull can wait till January when it's -20 here, you pay for me to fly to Florida and I'll help you get him loaded. Bruce Lee said he practices the art of fighting without fighting that will be the second book in my cattle book series, it'll be cowboy zen or Sun Tzu for cowboys (Sun Tzu: "Art of war" for non USMC types).

Edited by blacksand 7/17/2017 06:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)