AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Festivus Friday
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 7/15/2017 15:20 (#6127606 - in reply to #6126424)
Subject: RE: Festivus Friday

East Central, Nebraska
okay i will take a stab. for starters i would think using the steering sensor to factor in your boom shutoffs is a bad idea. the boom are supposed to be square with the machine and the shut offs figure when to turn off and on by offsets and direction of the machine (heading) in a way the steering sensor does work in the mix but long after the timing to turn the boom on and off is determined.

i get where your coming from as far as your second complaint but that is merely pump and flow control issues. buy a faster valve and if your wanting to do a wide range of application rates maybe look into a very expensive flow meter with no moving parts, i have heard good things about them. if your not wanting to spend a bunch check and see what your flow meter is capable of, alot of them are put on a machine to attempt to do 6-60 gallons and alot of the time that 60 gallon part is not needed. raven makes very accurate 5-15 gpa flow meters that may help out your situation but i am guessing you would see your money better spent at a high speed valve and messing with your look ahead settings. and possibly setting minimum flow rates.

not arguing here, not saying your complaints are crazy, just trying to help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)