AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PMI Baler Parts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Where Can I find?????Message format

Saskyfarmer
Posted 7/12/2017 14:52 (#6121360)
Subject: PMI Baler Parts

East Central Saskatchewan
Hello, I am new to this forum but felt that this community could answer my questions. I really like the PMI round balers because they are so easy to fix and make the soft core, which is really handy for feeding in the ''push in'' feeders I have. Anyways, my search started a couple years ago, and I think I got a little more knowledge on what happened to the parts, but I only hit a dead end on finding parts.
So this is what I learned:

My local dealer, who used to stock parts for the baler, had such low sales due to their rarity in our area, so they gathered up all the parts and sent them to auction. When I phoned there, I did not know that they sold the parts, so the guy who picked up the phone directed me to the manager, who told me they ''supposedly'' phoned everyone who had interest in the parts, (obviously, they never phoned me, even though I was the only one even buying parts anymore). He told me the person who bought the parts got a big pallet of parts for only $600. He told me that he could not find who bought the parts, so he directed me to Buhler/ Inland (Who bought out PMI), and a guy In Manitoba. I phoned the guy in Manitoba who might have parts and this what he told me: He had lots of parts and a couple balers for parts, but he sold them all to the Hutterites. Supposedly, the Hutterites bought a couple of balers and loved them, so they bought out all of his PMI parts and balers (and from all other dealers). As far as he told me, the Hutterites supposedly have hundreds of PMI balers sitting there, but they will NOT EVER sell any parts off of them. So he also told me to phone Buhler/Inland, so I phoned them. (This is what really pi~~ed me off). The person on the phone told me that they had a full warehouse full of parts, of which a couple of years ago sold all the parts for 10 cents on the dollar, (probably sold most of them to the Hutterites).

Now, I do not know what to do. I did buy one baler though at an auction, which I was lucky enough to get and it was in good shape. But now my other baler is in need of parts, and the one I bought needs a tie cable, so I am stuck. I don't know anyone who has parts around my area. I have the 1511 models, which I believe is the same as the Buhler/Inland round balers models 6060/6072 (which I can also not find parts for, and I can also not verify that the parts are the same by part number). I know there has to parts somewhere, but I just don't know. Any help would be much appreciated.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)