AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS Basic - Time of application ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/12/2017 08:42 (#6120666 - in reply to #6120470)
Subject: RE: SMS Basic - Time of application ?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Not exactly your question but I've noticed elsewhere in SMS where Date/Time is an option but it only shows date.

Along this line I took the spray data where my great nephew had sprayed soybeans in my absence to my dealer and we ran it through SMS. I had advised him to spray the first pass without Volunteer corn killer in the mix in each field that bordered a corn field so as not to kill any "real" corn with drift. He then came back and sprayed the remainder of the fields with the Volunteer corn killer in the mix.

We were confused on a couple of fields so the dealer ran the spray operation through a feature in SMS Advanced that lets you see the actual path travelled throughout the field in real time. This has a feature to speed up the movement or watching the entire field would take as long as it did to actually spray it. This is rather comical to watch and can provide some insights into what was done. In one field, the travel was moving along nicely as expected with a pass along our corn field being done first as expected, then the ends and then a pass in the middle of the field. The passes started bordering each other as expected when all of a sudden action started appearing in another part of the field. It was as if another sprayer had pulled in to help. This was not the case and we never did figure out why it appeared that way. It must have been some type of quirk in the date/time stamp that is included with each GPS log point.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)