AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Deere 4640 screens
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 7/6/2017 17:37 (#6109327)
Subject: New Deere 4640 screens

Leesburg, Ohio
Thinking of trading for new 1795 electric drive planter (not the hi-speed, just the electric drive)
Found out that although last year's identical planter could be run by a 2630 screen (which we already have several) the new planter requires the new 4640 and subscription activations, which is another $12000 added to the price of the planter. If the 2630 would run the identical planter last year, why does it not work this year? Seems like Deere is shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing us to use the 2630's we already have, when they already have spent the $ for that programming, Now they just arbitrarily "turn it off"?? Wow!

So, even if we want to go for the new 4640 to get the electric drive, I also understand that the data from the 4640 is not compatible with Apex, and will have to be uploaded to the Operations Center in the "cloud."
That makes me concerned that part of our data will be on Apex, and part of it in the cloud. I can go along with having data in the cloud, but having to deal with both types of data storage seems like a very awkward situation. How is that supposed to work? And none of our tractors have the radio to transmit data automatically to the cloud. How does that work?

Any experience or answers out there?

Will Deere see the light and retract their stance? Local dealers say they are already losing sales because of this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)