AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If Farmer’s Data has value…..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gwagner
Posted 7/13/2017 08:17 (#6122921 - in reply to #6119090)
Subject: RE: If Farmer’s Data has value…..

I have been thinking about your question for a while.

I built a farm record keeping relational base system that allows us to keep “real time” records. The software is called FileMaker Pro. It covers from (all records are recorded at the field level). ;

Planting- varieties, seed treatments, fertilizer, population…etc.

Spraying- chemicals, rates, weather, start and stop times, time spent, fuel used..etc.

Harvest- record all scale information that went into bins, verified at the end of each field yield monitor vs. scale, to make sure all data is collected correctly…etc.

Fertilizer- all as applied amounts, (when anhydrous is applied record each tank and enter delivery ticket checking for accuracy)…etc.

Inventory- from harvest what went to bins, track every load that is removed from bin—to keep a running inventory..etc.

Grain Sales- Track average selling $$, scan all assembly tickets and tie to sale for federal crop audits..etc.

All purchases- Track what you purchased vs. what you thought you applied and make adjustments at year end…etc.

This is an example what we track, all done via iPhone, or iPad, or on a PC, all real time. Every employee is required to enter their own information. All information is synced back to a server (Cloud) in our office. No data resides on any one phone or pad. When data is entered on one remote computer all other hand devices are updated immediately.

I have done this for 5 years now. I can say this whole field level information is more valuable for farm management than any site-specific data I have collected the past 25 years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)