AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If Farmer’s Data has value…..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

heronlk
Posted 7/7/2017 09:06 (#6110572 - in reply to #6110516)
Subject: RE: If Farmer’s Data has value…..

Did not intend to insult your intelligence! You are ahead of the game on your data and that is great! Utilize it to the fullest potential! Good clean data is very valuable to your operation. I am a GIS data collector. All information comes from some type of monitor and that is why I was saying how can you manipulate the data that comes from a monitor and edit/change that information and exchange it with other people and plan to keep it all straight? This is very time consuming and just dealing with the import/export of thousands and thousands of acres, is just impossible to do anything with it other than keep in the same form.

I agree with you the monitor is the poorest tool and very frustratingfor tracking any application at this point. You have to have injection pumps on your spayer for example to code all products individually to have your machine/monitor track everything individually. Things are getting better with multiple sensors capable of capturing this data, but on the back end, the program that is utilized must have the capability to read in this data from all the independent sensors or it does no good.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)