AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Improving your Google search results
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

YawLes
Posted 7/3/2017 17:20 (#6103651)
Subject: Improving your Google search results

I stumbled across a Pinterest pin about refining search results within Google. Some I knew, others I found interesting.

"search query" - Quote marks will return only search results with the exact word(s) within the quotes

-query - Add a - before a word to exclude results that include that word

~query - Add a ~ tilde sign directing in front of a word to search for that word, INCLUDING that word's synonyms.

site:site.com "query" - Limits your searching for a set query to a specific web-site for a specific word or phrase. EXAMPLE: site:newagtalk.com "John Deere"

links:site.com - Finds links to a domain or web-site from other domains or web-sites. EXAMPLE: links:newagtalk.com

site:site.com - Find all pages of a domain - EXAMPLE: site:NewAgTalk.com

site:sub-directory.site.com - Will limit search to a specific sub-domain - EXAMPLE site:talk.newagtalk.com

site:site.com/folder - Will limit search to a folder of that domain - EXAMPLE: newagtalk.com/AgTalk_Store

intitle:query - Find websites that have a specific word in the title - EXAMPLE: intitle: "AgTalk"

allintitle:query - Find websites that have ALL of the words in the title - EXAMPLE: allintitle: "John Deere beats Minneapolis Moline"

allinurl:query - Find websites that have ALL of the query words as part of the web-address (URL) - EXAMPLE: allinurl:Massey

allinanchor:query - Find sites that have all the all of the keywords as linked text on one or more of their pages

allintitle:"blog category" - Searches for blogs already dicussing your topic - EXAMPLE - allintitle: "Round-up blog"

"keyword" submit post - Find guest-posting opportunities for certain blog categories - EXAMPLE - "John Deere" submit guest post
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)