AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What should I get???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 7/3/2017 13:30 (#6103324 - in reply to #6102461)
Subject: RE: What should I get???

Manitoba
I don't know anything about other systems but I have the 250 with EZ Steer motor combo. use it in everything and move it around. swathers, sprayer, combine, tractors (2wd, 4wd, FWA, articulated, crab steer). I also have a higher end version (fm1000) on RTK. We use the RTK to plant our row crops and then to spray those crops and also to be able to run the same tracks when spraying the 2nd or more times.

the 250 with waas level accuracy will definitely steer way better than you ever could manually with markers. for me here if it were not for going back later to hit the same tracks later in season it would be all I would have. it works well. I had a 500 (not made anymore) initially that we lost in a shop fire and I had it unlocked to Omni level accuracy as I was concerned the waas wouldn't be good enough for planting row crops. that was based on research online and people suggesting I go higher level accuracy. In hindsight it was a waste of $ for me here. getting locked on to satellites takes a while with Omni and here the waas was just as good as far as I could tell as long as you keep rolling. stopping for a while or a day or 2 and coming back to continue with waas you may be off a bit.

I like the 250's, simple and they work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)