AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ubiquiti Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Eric B
Posted 7/1/2017 22:00 (#6100788)
Subject: Ubiquiti Question

Lacombe, Alberta
Hi, I'm wanting to get a better wifi signal in my house from the barn where internet comes from about 200 feet away. Two years ago I bought a Ubiquiti Nanostation Loco M2 and mounted it on the barn facing my house and now I get wifi in parts of the house. I got married recently and my wife's phone won't pick up the signal and the Roku box for Netflix can no longer have wires dangling in the living room so how can I get a better signal?

I thought maybe buy a Picostation and mount it on the barn so it is omnidirectional and gets my house and can also get my sister's house 300 feet a different direction. Take the existing Nanostation and mount it on my house roof pointed at the Picostation. In the house I'd like wifi in every room and have read some stuff about the airGateway. If it is mounted in my bedroom where the Nanostation wire would come into my house would it get a good signal in the living room which is two rooms over or do I need a better device inside my house?

Thanks for any help. Trying to figure out what to order online and there's a lot of choices. If someone could tell me what each device should be configured as (router, access point, etc) that would be helpful. My existing Nanostation has been super reliable but doesn't always get a signal where I want. Tonight the Roku box kept buffering and said 0.068Mbps and I then checked my laptop on speedtest.net and got 23.76Mbps 10 feet away.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)