AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Remote engage problem with FM 1000 and Ezsteer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 7/5/2017 07:58 (#6106485 - in reply to #6103288)
Subject: GOT IT!, update

Manitoba
well not sure what issue was but tore up all my wiring and redid it all. thinking one of the other wires in the 25 pin connector going into the t2 box must have been shorting. on rebuild I had planned to also wire leads up to add a sonalert / external speaker thing to make alarms audible but the old printer cable I was using does not have all wires, I think 4 or 5 of the posts go to nothing so that did not work. I had the 20 post wired but nothing there for #7.

one thing I thought I would mention in case others doing this and see the post in a search. the remote switch acts nothing like the on screen button to engage. on screen if you hit the button and you not near a a-b line it tells you your either too far away or not going fast enough etc. the remote switch does nothing other than kick you in and out when your are at adequate speed and proximity to your line. Its really easy to think its not working, I had given up on the thing till I was rolling in field and tried it and it worked.

really like having the switch on the joystick in the sprayer, don't have to move my hand at all just thumb switch and i'm on. also wired up the fm1000 to paint coverage off of the sprayer engage floor switch vs when steering is engaged. these 2 things really make the system better and nicer to use.

thanks again for those who replied

one other thing I should mention. on mine there is no delay or need to hold the remote switch down for a longer duration. its instant, guess its only with some of the other displays where that is required.

Edited by Oakwood 7/5/2017 08:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)