AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Autopilot install on Patriot 3330 needs fine tuning
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 6/28/2017 06:30 (#6093738)
Subject: Autopilot install on Patriot 3330 needs fine tuning

South Georgia
I have a Trimble Autopilot on my 3330 that was installed a few months ago that I haven't quite been able to get to work just like I think it should. It's being driven by an FMX on RTK.

It's generally pretty good, but sometimes I can have it within a couple inches when I engage, buy it will slowly wander off as much as a foot or fourteen inches from the line, and not really seem interested in getting back to it. Usually it's more like 4 or 6 inches, but when it does this it just doesn't seem to care that it's off. When it does this, I can disengage it and manually steer back to the line, but when I reengage, it drives away from the line again. It sometimes does this for the while length of a row, but when I turn around on the other end, it'll be fine on the next thru. More often though, it just gets within 2 or 3 inches and is happy enough.

When it is doing this, I've increased my aggressiveness setting, but I can't increase it much or the wheels will jitter back and forth. Usually have it from 85-115. Have had to lower it all the way to 50 to keep the wheels from jittering.

The FMX is currently on firmware version 8.something (8.5 I think). I'm using a Nav3, I'm not sure what firmware is on it, but I think it's 11.something.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Adrian

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)