AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tales from the other side of the counter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/28/2017 10:09 (#6094110 - in reply to #6093623)
Subject: RE: Tales from the other side of the counter

southern MN
Fun thread.

When I bought my iPad, it was the first model with the smaller Lightening connector. They were selling old and new models at the same time.

Apple was in its ultra minimalist mode, and named their new model 'the ipad' instead of an actual model continuation. All shrink wrapped boxes were identical, old and new, different memory sizes, cell or no cell, and two colors. The only way to sort it out was to find the long model number on the back of the box, written in very tiny print, shiny silver print on shiny white box.

They sent me home with the old model, no one noticed when they put the screen shield on and set it up, that it had the big plug on it...

Took it back the next day (30 miles one way), and they said sorry, pulled another one and set it up while I shopped around. Went to pick it up from the service area and.... It was the wrong color one. We kinda looked at each other I was weighing how important black vs white was to me. When I noticed I wanted a black Verizon model and this white one was ATT, so no go.

So they put that one in the bin and opened up a third box. I stayed there to watch, and the screen protectors now gave them fits, they had to peel off 2 and throw away, took the third one to stick right.

So they ended up with 2 open box iPads (opened and configured so couldn't be called 'new' any more), and at least 5 screen protectors before I got what I had in mind.

I was very pleasant with the store staff, and felt bad for them. They worked hard to get me what I wanted, I fully blame Apple itself for making identifying their products as difficult as humanly possible. Genuinely felt bad for the behind the counter folk their job was made impossible because Apple needed to be so 'cool' with their box labeling.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)