AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phantom 3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Robert W Greif
Posted 6/30/2017 16:37 (#6098616 - in reply to #6092169)
Subject: RE: Phantom 3

Dallas Center IA 515-720-2463
Several good points have been mentioned. To add a few.

Do not fly if the wind is very strong. Up to a point higher winds are not a big
problem, but after a few flights you will be better prepared.

Altitude is your friend. I do not mean do your flying at 400’, but high enough to clear any trees, buildings, power lines in the area.
Also they are not very easy to handle real close to the ground, as less than five feet or so.
The trouble with the 300’ - 400’ altitude is can be very tiring to actually look up and see the thing.

The camera image on your device, I-Pad, smart phone, whatever. And flying near buildings, trees, other things. I feel you can look at your screen and feel you are quite a distance from the top of that silo you are really want to take a look at. Then look up put a eyeball on the drone and the object - A lot closer than it looks on the screen.
I know it is hard to do, but put off close to stuff flying for awhile.

For early flights, select an area with few trees, tall buildings, etc. A hay field or grassland is great.

Find a place to stand or sit that is in the shade. That screen can be hard to see in bright sunlight.

Make sure the selector deal, left front of controller, is in the ‘P’ position.

If you lose track of where the drone is, point the camera straight down and look. Climb, remember altitude is your friend.
Point the camera out, slowly spin the drone around.
You will figure it out.

Return to Home. I feel you should do a little experimenting with return to home.
Just to gain some confidence in return to home. It works!

Pick a takeoff point, or Home, that is free of trees, or any other thing you could hit for maybe 30’ - 40’ in all directions. And you pickup truck is included.
Remember this point. Place a rock or something to mark it.
Also have the return to home height set high enough to clear trees, buildings, etc.

Fly around for a while and press the Return to Home.
Then just observe as the drone climbs to the return to home altitude. Then proceeds in a straight line to over the home point. And last descends to ground level and lands.
Seldom will be be right on the return point, but it should be close.

Find the Return to Home cancel button. If you see the drone is going to return on top of your pickup, cancel return to home, and land using the controls.

Next fly it around until the battery is low. It will give you a warning that it will return to home in so many seconds - Let it.

If by some chance the display screen goes blank, the controller and drone have lost communication . It will return to home on it’s own, at least it is supposed to.

After some time you will learn the controller stick movements. I still have problems with rotation of the aircraft. Left stick right or left for clockwise or counter clockwise.

It looks like I got pretty long winded.
One last thing - Easy on the sticks. Do not be under a tree and tell it to climb fast. I did that on day three. Not covered by warrentary .

(DJI_0610 (full).JPG)

(DJI_0611 (full).JPG)

(DJI_0612 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DJI_0610 (full).JPG (163KB - 71 downloads)
Attachments DJI_0611 (full).JPG (164KB - 67 downloads)
Attachments DJI_0612 (full).JPG (219KB - 71 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)