AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My trip to Menards anTarget last night
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 6/28/2017 07:35 (#6093851 - in reply to #6092282)
Subject: RE: My trip to Menards anTarget last night

just a tish NE of central ND
SDGREEN - 6/27/2017 08:40

Al Swearingen - 6/27/2017 08:31

I hate Menards, they put the counter at the back of the store now. No one knows anything, they cant look it up, if you do find what you need and have to go around back its always a mess with trash laying all over. You pull in the alley and no one there to help you, if someone does show up they don't want to help. I hate it. I'll spend more at the local yard without even thinking twice just to save the hassle. The lumber quality is way better and I like to support the local guys.

Thanks for being loyal to the local lumberyard, I wish more people would see value in keeping them going. I used to be on a local coop lumberyard board, I was always amazed at how many people would drive 50 miles to save 5 bucks at the big box yards and then get lesser quality material.

First I have to say, I try to support local. Best folks I have ever know, but they have to sell what ever they get in with a shipment.They themselves get disgusted with what comes off of their trucks when it comes in.
...That said, Heck, Our local lumber yards get walked on when it comes to quality becaue it isnt anything to brag about., Some builders here said Menards quality is better than the several lumber yeards we have to choose from. At some of the lumber yards, if you pick out the knotty and twisted stuff you pay for"choice" at a higher price. The next guy in gets all the knoty studds and warped cracked stuff that didnt end up on the first guys load......A polebarn builder here said he carried pipe wrenches to twist the perlins straight to fit on the barns they build becasue the lumber ia so twisted up at the lumberyards and wet...... and they perferd menards lumber over the twisted stuff.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)