AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My trip to Menards anTarget last night
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 6/27/2017 17:04 (#6092823 - in reply to #6092773)
Subject: RE: My trip to Menards anTarget last night

North of London
If I understand they had to produce a piece of paper for you to pickup your order at a pickup 'door'.
Did they use a scanner to read the bar code?
Everything should have then printed correctly and their inventory would have been correct after you left too.

I tried to do business with a supplier a few years ago that would not go to scanning equipment.
Discussed it with them and they had lots of excuses.
Person at till had to key in a number off a sticky tag they put on everything by hand as they filled the shelves.

When ticket was not readable of the till said the number was wrong they then keyed in a miscellaneous code and the price.

I understood they had at least one person working full time in a back room trying to correct for all the miscellaneous codes and figure out inventory, not sure how many worked at ticketing everything going on the shelves.
If you ordered anything you had to be there when the shipment came in or they would out it on the shelf and sell it to someone else then spend an hour looking for it when you tried to pick it up.

BTW did I mention they went out of business, said it was because another supplier moved in and took their business away from them and the new supplier on the other side of town has only a couple people running the whole store, still a private owned franchise operation not a big chain and still in business.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)