AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Finally finished
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

saltcreek
Posted 6/26/2017 21:50 (#6091704)
Subject: Finally finished

central kansas reno county
Finished wheat harvest this evening finally. Started on the 15 late afternoon and got 50 acres cut. Rain come in that night (which was fine wife had 30 yr class reunion that weekend 5 hrs from home, so we went to that and didn't feel bad.) Was able to get fired back up on the following Monday late in the day and got 80 acres done. Got a good and early start Tuesday and cut till about 5 When the combine started getting hot. Got out to let it cool off and seen oil all over side of combine from an oring giving out (8120). Well also found out why it was getting hot. The plastic reservoir tank had developed a crack and leaked alot of the antifreeze out. Off course 530 and local dealer doesn't have it and can't order till morning. Did a located and happen to have one in jewell, KS. Talk to parts guy and tell him where we are from and he says call this number when you get 15 minutes from here and I will meet you there. Sweet. Sent mom and dad on a bonding time parts run as I call it. Got it put together Wednesday morning and noore breakdowns after that. Just long days.
Thanks to my wife for cooking the meals and bringing them to the field. Good food, good yields, no one got hurt, we are all still speaking to each other. And God provided this all for us.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)