AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is my fuse to short ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

TD15
Posted 6/26/2017 21:03 (#6091582)
Subject: Is my fuse to short ?

I have been been having electrical problems with my old 2006 pickup so last week when the wife and I went for our yearly doctor appointments we stopped by a dealership that had a truck I was interested in. I ended up buying it and did all the paperwork except I didn't have my farm checkbook with that day for the down payment but said I would pay after they installed the mudflaps and running boards, they said that's fine. Well Friday rolled around and I called to see if the truck was ready and they said no they were waiting on the running boards, but the general manager asked if I could bring up a check. I told him that I was 40 miles away and would like to make one trip to pay and pick up the truck and he said he understood.
He told me that when a vehicle was sold they had to pay for it right away when it comes off inventory and but he thought they would have it done on Monday.
Well this morning when I was spraying I got a phone call that it would be a couple of days before the running boards would show up and he would deliver the truck and then pick it up again to install the running boards. I said that's fine and would have a check ready when they came.
Well by four this afternoon the truck hadn't showed up and it was to windy to spray so I called and told them I could drive up there to get it. The manager wasn't available and the guy I talked to would have to check it out to see if the driver had left with the truck or not. About a half hour later I got a call back and was told they were on their way. A 1.5 hours later I get a call from the driver saying he would be there in 45 minutes. I asked him if he left when they called and he told me he did so I asked him where he was at. He told me his location and how he got there and I told him he was to far south of me and he would have to turn around and I gave him directions. Well over a hour goes buy and I was about to call him and I get a text that he is in a town about 45 miles south of me. I called him up and asked why he didn't follow my instructions. He started to tell me I gave him to many roads in a state he wasn't familiar with and that's when I lost it and started chewing ass and told him I didn't want the truck and to take it back to the dealership and he promptly hung the phone up on me.
After that I got ahold of the general manager who I originally bought it from and started in on him but we agreed on a figure and I will put a check in the mail tomorrow and will pick it up myself when it's done.
I know I shouldn't lose it but I just don't get people showing up to work with a half assed attitude. If that was me and thought that maybe we weren't going to the right place I would of pulled over and called back to the shop.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)