AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Truck crane rental veterans.... Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 6/26/2017 18:19 (#6091301)
Subject: Truck crane rental veterans.... Questions

KY

Just thinking ahead for an after harvest project, Haven't gotten far enough to call and bug companies yet, but just some basic questions for those of you that have done it before.  We have a couple fairly local (hour away) steel / erection companies that do crane service, pretty sure everything they all have is overkill and also fairly certain you're paying for the crane AND an operator from the word go, no matter how much time you're actually using the crane, if you use it for 30 minutes, it sits for 3 hours and you use it for another 30, etc., you're paying for that operator the entire time obviously since he's stuck there.

United Rentals (and other rental outfits I'm sure)  Offer truck cranes at what seems like a reasonable rate on their online listings.  A 10-12 ton would be all I would need, and they're not bad for a day rental or even a week if weather or something was making a person wary of getting done in a day.  With places like that, I would assume you are renting the truck, and you provide your own operator.  Is there licensing / certification that is required for this?  I am not a certified rigger but have plenty of experience in previous jobs with proper lifting and rigging, sling inspections, etc.  I would likely rent the truck for two days, to allow wiggle room to not get in a hurry and to ensure I had help available.  Not a  big project, and the project isn't worth much, so not needing to break the bank on a big time crane.  I could almost do the job with a large telehandler, but the reach concerns me and I feel the crane would be simpler yet. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)