AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ISO Kinze 4900 monitor options
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KMech
Posted 6/26/2017 17:57 (#6091272 - in reply to #6090635)
Subject: RE: ISO Kinze 4900 monitor options

Missouri
Yes, there is a switchbox for folding available as an optional package. It requires a cable installed on the planter to tee into the fold functions, but that is included in the package.

The most cost effective way to add hydraulic downforce would be to run Ag Leader's downforce. It is an ISOBUS system, would tee into the factory ISO harness, and would run on whatever the controlling display is. Ideally, I would run it on an Ag Leader display. They have been the most reliable ISOBUS display to date.

I don't know if it is possible to retain the liquid system without the seed drive system. It might be possible, but there's very little in the way of intelligent reasons to do so. It would be a tremendous amount of parts and money to change over to a system that is, on it's best day, no better than equal to the performance of the system already in place. If the customer is set on this, you may not have any choice. It certainly wouldn't be the first time I've seen a slick talking PP salesman convince a customer to drink the kool aid and spend five figures on what I usually call a "sideways upgrade". If they guy will listen to reason, I'd try and talk him down from this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)