AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How bad will it be to pick up 1,000 small bales?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

chickenqueen
Posted 6/26/2017 08:02 (#6090624 - in reply to #6090352)
Subject: RE: How bad will it be to pick up 1,000 small bales?

Mid MO
So, they're buying it straight out of the field and ur crew is picking up and stacking while the buyer drives?
If she's never hauled before, u need to go over the basics of how to handle the bales with her. (Use your knees, keep the bales close to the body, don't jerk ur back....) Do it in private, not in front of a crew of men, that's embarrassing.
Explain the stacking pattern somewhere it's quiet, ahead of time. Don't wait till ur on the back if a trailer, it's hot, and your behind the crew trying to catch up. Gloves r a good idea, so is a radio.
Take it slow and take frequent breaks. Stay in good humor, no matter what (:
Unfortunately, 1000 bales is just enough to break a crew in. There's that 1 guy in the neighborhood who pays the crew by the bale and then bales 80#bales to save $. Don't b that guy! Bale decent sized bales.
I'm assuming by the question that y'all haven't been married all that long? This will give u both something to chuckle about someday.
Just because she's small doesn't mean much. It's learning to use the weight u have effectively. (I was a varsity cheerleader & the top of the pyramid.) Girls who dont grow up working have a real disadvantage in that they need instruction on how to use their weight to their advantage. I'm not being disrespectful. It's just that i have friends who've put out their backs packing kids. They were raised to b ladies and i was raised on a farm with brothers.
Regardless of what happens, u should b proud that she is taking an interest & is spunky. Sounds like she's done a great job so far and pay day is just around the corner! Best wishes (:
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)