AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey Garvo, here's pics of my corn fertilizer plot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 6/25/2017 23:01 (#6090320 - in reply to #6090047)
Subject: RE: Hey Garvo, here's pics of my corn fertilizer plot

Morris, IL
In our program of no fall or spring N until planter rolls we commonly see results just like yours there, color on ours isn't quite as good and it varies year to year. Can also see it where i'm dropping planter in as seems to take squeeze pump 5-10' to get going. That is 8-12 gallon of 32% 2x2. Having little out there is good, some guys have lot out there either fall NH3 or lot of spring UAN and it shows up as much better looking yet but i'm not sure it really pays. I don't like putting so much money out there at once that early. I agree with your findings that sometimes doesn't always pay, but it's part of our N program and like you i'm putting it on anyway truly doesn't cost much put it on with planter vs sidedress, true cost not actual product if that makes sense.

I'm seeing big early response almost more then then 32% from our Popup fertilizer this year. We are using a 6-24-6-.25Zn at 4.5 gallons. On the stuff we planted early it gained 1-2k plants, much more even stand, some areas of field the no popup just looked almost sick looking. Was very shocked to see the latter corn showing similar response not as dramatic and it had perfect conditions and was up in a week where stuff we planted early took 3-4 weeks to come up. Have see 0-10 bushel response to popup average 7-8 bushel over 3 years, that is doubling our money if we can keep that up. This is picture but hard to see but if look closely see difference 12 rows over 12 rows wide.

Edited by NEILFarmer 6/25/2017 23:05

(IMG_1103.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1103.JPG (176KB - 52 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)