AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2-4D & Dicamba rates for fall spraying
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nviney
Posted 6/25/2017 22:17 (#6090250 - in reply to #6090119)
Subject: RE: 2-4D & Dicamba rates for fall spraying

Evansville, WI
I did not plant the strip cropping field this year because of weather delays. We plant the vast majority of our beans May 30, June 1 and June 2 so I scrapped that experiment to just get done sooner. Still very interested in, so will hopefully give it a go next year, will require some thought and more work as we picked up a 24 row 30 planter for next year to replace a 12 row 30... to hard to get much done with 1 or 2 day planting windows... can't and dont want to handle 18 to 20 hour days sitting in a planter. It does have vdrive and vset so it might work pretty good. Did you continue with the strip cropping?

From the what I have learned from this thread and reading a lot the last couple days... looks like to me an economical fall spray would be 16 ounces of 2-4D LV6 and 8 ounces of Dicamba... adjuvants won't hurt but probably aren't necesary. I also like the full jug theory to load size ... for us that works out to 3 - 2.5 gallon jugs of dicamba and 6-2.5 gallons jugs of 2-4D Lv6 for a 120 acre load. Would be a about $4.50 per acre... add 80-90 cents for crop oil if necesary.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)