AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Potd sometimes I may be crazy for loving my job
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

kipps
Posted 6/26/2017 19:01 (#6091355 - in reply to #6089805)
Subject: RE: Potd sometimes I may be crazy for loving my job

Madison Co. Virginia
Those are definitely the way to go. Occasionally though, they don't work on certain cows. I have one cow right now, that is borderline dangerous. I've tried a kicker on her several times, and each time she starts going up and down like a pile driver. Now, if she's in one of her 'moods', she just gets skipped. I'm not breeding her again.

We've sent quite a few kickers out of the parlor over the years. There's some noticeable chips in the glazed block wall along the return lane. I've retrieved some kickers from just below the push-off ramp when the lagoon has just been emptied. I've put a few of them back in use.

After you use them for a bit, and learn what size you need, I'd weld one side solid, and leave the other side adjustable. It reduces the number of broken clips. It doesn't hurt to keep one fully adjustable one around, though.

You shouldn't have to buy them new. Most any former dairy should have them laying around. The old ones are better than the new ones, anyway. They used a thinner wall tubing, so the clips were much easier to press.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)