AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cash Rents
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JoeR
Posted 6/22/2017 22:45 (#6085225 - in reply to #6084932)
Subject: RE: Cash Rents

NW Iowa
Kooiker - 6/22/2017 20:40

barren - 6/22/2017 19:23 Putting yourself in the landlords position, what would you base your rent reduction on? What the tenant said they needed to be profitable?

If you believe you can trust the tenant, yes.

If you don't believe you can trust the tenant, IMO the landlord should find someone to farm the land that they can trust.

I don't care how much rent money someone offers, I wouldn't let them farm it unless I was comfortable giving them a non secured loan of the same value of the farm.

This is exactly what guys should be thinking. Someone who just started farming the ground or someone who has been farming it for the past 30 years.

I'm in the past 30 years boat. Grampa farmed the ground I do now for a long time. Swapped over to me. Not saying that I need the entitlements that he was offered but if the next door guy came in and offered $50 more what would happen?

I'm a young guy, don't have paid for ground to back this. Is it ok in your eyes when the neighbor rolls in and picks it up? Everyone talks about getting Young folks into farming...the way to do it is with a good landlord.

I've been fortunate, my rent is less than what it is across the road. BUT it wouldn't take much for those guys to say hat they'll offer the same for mine. Where does that put me?

I know you guys with owned ground are much better off than i with rented ground but think about the future guys who are trying to get started. You can't just wake up one morning with 500-1000 acres of ground in your pocket...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)