AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

July Weather Outlook
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 6/22/2017 12:15 (#6084191)
Subject: July Weather Outlook

South Central Iowa
I have a theory about the weather pattern we are in. I am wondering if anyone has seen any forecasts for mid-July from any weather services.

The theory:

I keep hearing that we are in a repeating weather pattern. That this pattern will continue until something (like El Niño or La Niña) changes it. February was unseasonably warm and dry in most of the cornbelt. Late March and early April were wet (remember the planting delay talk?) From about April 10 to the 28th, about 3 weeks, most of the corn belt was dryer and planting progress was made. For 4 weeks from April 28 to May 26, the cornbelt was wet and cool. For 3 weeks after until about June 12-15, we were unseasonably hot and dry. Now we are in a wet and cool pattern again that is projected to continue to at least July 5-6. Generally it has been 3 weeks dry and warm then 4 weeks wet and cool. If the next three weeks would be hot and dry, it should occur roughly July 10-31. The way the 6-10 and 8-14 outlooks have been rolling the last several days has made me think of this.

Has anyone seen any real weather people talking about it? Any thoughts?

Not trying to be bullish by any means. I have just seen a lot of meteorologists on Twitter say that we are in a repeating pattern. There seems to be a 3 week hot and dry component to that pattern.

Market wise, I agree with Tex down below that we are not going to $3.15 Dec in corn. Too few acres and too much trouble. I could see Dec bleed another 30c if the forecast is good and crop conditions stay steady or improve slightly.

But wondering what anyone has heard about our 15-45 day weather outlooks. Thoughts????
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)