AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drove to Champaign IL= not impressed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

rab1964
Posted 6/21/2017 22:04 (#6083274 - in reply to #6082760)
Subject: RE: Drove to Champaign IL= not impressed

Illinois Steve - 6/21/2017 17:21

I'm sorry but we here this same s#$t every year. I'm sorry your crops suck. Quite frankly mine don't look as good as they have for the past few years but still have a lot of potential. I am realistic enough to know that there are other areas that look great and still have full potential. There are problems every year and this year is no different it is just that the problems might be in different areas. Has this crop been a little challenged so far? Definitely but I have seen much improvement in the last couple of weeks. This crop is a couple weeks behind and has an incredibly long way to go to make it to the finish line. There is still a lot of chances for this crop to get a lot smaller but I sure wouldn't want to bet against it being a lot better than what you are thinking. Maybe not in your area because I can't speak for you but just knowing what has happened the past two years with all of the handwringing and crop killing I think one should think twice about saying with certainty that the crop will be this or that.

Thank you again oh great one Steve. 2 years ago ground with a 216 APH made 110 over the scales, a disaster hell no, pretty much half of APH yes. Last year bone dry mid May thru June 16th then non stop rain for 4 months, yes it was a great crop. Will it happen again, maybe, apparently you have never had many crop problems, great for you. Some of us live where things happen, it's just not yea my crop looks poor only made 215 this year. When you have years where you raise half of APH or gasp, even double digit yields when the rest of the world thinks you are in the Garden of Eve Illinois ground that never falls below the 200 bushel threshold how would you feel? Tell me Steve how many acres did you replant this spring, zero would be my guess am I correct? When you have replanted a third all of your corn once and started a chunk the second time please come tell me how you feel about your crop. And yes there are plenty of people who replanted more than me, no pity party here. Just the facts buddy. You just can't seem to fathom some people just tell it how it is, I have no reason to lie, BS, make up stuff at all. Google me, I'm here come on down I will show you around, nothing to hide here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)