AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 4600 Display limitations?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Rossf93
Posted 6/20/2017 03:41 (#6080013 - in reply to #6079903)
Subject: RE: John Deere 4600 Display limitations?

just my 2 cents

i would beg to differ on the navigational use of the new screen, very easy to use and can all be operated from a single screen, job, map, farm, field, client, swap track, machine width, work setup, this is just the usual thing of resistance to change, initially i felt exactly the same way but after some use i have found to the screen to be very much the opposite and it poses much more processing power for future use,

yes the apex thing could be somewhat of an issue but apex is a prehistoric system and has nothing but complaints for ease of use. listening to the comments about SMS etc i agree that a simple single userface would be more useful but at the end of the day John Deere is a business much like apple etc, you will not see apple and microsoft working together to gain business for both parties, although probably not a huge advantage to most, the operations center already allows compatibility with Ag Leader Versa™, Integra™, and Compass™ displays so in time id expect more usability.

the big picture with the operations center is for a easier more connected solution, allowing agronomists, dealers, anyone who can aid your business access to the data without having to get it hardwired via usb. this works both ways with you being able to send jobs instantaneously through this one system not having to bounce betwen, jdlink, ape and MJD...it is trying to transition to a much smoother workflow, the 4600 & 4640 both upload information to the cloud in real time allowing for managers and farmers to see the job as its happening. if this isn't for you, you can freely turn syncing off and upload the data via the trusty old USB via the upload manager program available on the site whenever you desire, keep as many files as you want and only upload which you'd prefer or require.

what functionality do you use currently that you would like to see in either the 4600 or MJD operations center?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)