AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

auto steer for boxcar magnums
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Andy578
Posted 6/18/2017 00:00 (#6076727 - in reply to #6076533)
Subject: RE: auto steer for boxcar magnums

Ontario
WTW - 6/17/2017 22:31

Lots of questions to ask yourself.

1) Immediate goal is steering a planter tractor. How accurately do you want this tractor to steer? Would you want a hydraulicly steered system or one of the various electric steering wheel options or something as simple as the motor turning the foam wheel arrangement?

2) Intermediate goals; Do you want to implement any other precision applications on your planter or sprayer or fertilizer applicator etc? Are you interested in yield mapping in the near future on a combine?

3) Support requirements. Do you have a dealer capable of supporting the various brands that you might be interested in at a level that you would be comfortable with?

At this point in time I would lean towards either AgLeader or Trimble products depending on support and priorities.

within an inch would be nice. honestly don't know much about the different systems but i'm thinking things that mount to the steering wheel may get in the way plus they do tend to look like something i'd break somehow.

fertilizer is a possibility but we just broadcast dry so not really a concern. spraying would be out of the question with this tractor and not likely to even think about yield mapping anytime soon.

dealer support shouldn't be an issue, most around here seem to support multiple brands.

really i don't need the best in the world but also don't want to buy something i'll end up hating. basically just looking to get the best bang for my buck and hopefully straight rows
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)